” The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” ~ Elenore Roosevelt
Care Warriors Tutoring and Life Skills Training
Care Warriors focuses on serving at-risk individuals and individuals with disabilities of a variety of ages. Our sole purpose is to provide encouragement, tutoring and training to individuals to promote self-confidence, self- awareness, job readiness, and community involvement. The goals of Care Warriors are to help individuals:
- Acclimate to a variety of work environments.
- Increase self-awareness and confidence with problem solving, resolution, and self- advocacy skills independently.
- Become more aware of what he or she wants in terms of independence and dependence.
- Truly feel that everyone plays a vital role of the community and their voices are heard.
Students with learning differences have challenges that require a patient, compassionate and a skilled instructor. Care Warriors’ instructors understand and are trained to work with students that may have:
- Difficulty determining right from left
- Difficulty with short-term memory
- Low tolerance for repetitive tasks.
- May appear in a state of confusion.
- Difficulty with pronunciation or spelling.
- Focused one day but not focused the next day.
- Take more time to start and complete tasks.
- Not successful with cramming.
- Lack self-confidence.
- Ask the same questions over and over.
- May feel lonely, rejected, isolated, shame, fear, low self-esteem, anger.
Talented and gifted tutors are available for in-person or virtual tutoring services for $20.00
Life Skills and Vocational Training
The objective of Care Warriors is to:
- Provide the essential skills needed for young adults to live more independently and thrive within the community
- Provide essential resources to better identify accommodations and services for young adults to live independently
- Provide explorations within the community that consists of full range of job development activities, job readiness, worksite tours and on-site job training and job placement
- Provide a trained, effective, empathetic and compassionate staff who are familiar with the range of disabilities of the individual customized to the obstacles they may face along their personalize path to independence.